It’s the holiday season, and everyone is looking for gifts for their loved ones. Unfortunately, seniors can be hard to buy for, but we have just the thing! Here are 100 goodie bag ideas for senior citizens.
What do you put in an elderly goodie bag?
- Hand Warmers
- Coupon books containing discounts
- Travel-size container of laundry detergent and softener sheets to use with a washer and dryer
- Coupons good for free coffee from a local coffee shop
- Swiss army knife
- Tote bag\Coffee mugs
- Reusable water bottles
- Portable phone charger
- Seasonal candy (e.g., Easter, Halloween, Christmas; good to include both wrapped and unwrapped candies since seniors may like to share these good goodie bag ideas with their neighbors!)
- A small mirror with a comb or lipstick
- Deodorant stick
- Mints or candy to take home
- Breath spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Reading glasses
- Facial tissues
- Stain remover pen
- Shower cap
- Coupons good for local businesses
- Coupon good for one free car wash
- Playing cards
- A good large print book
- Sewing kit
- Lint roller
- Folding umbrella
- Nonperishable snacks like nuts, crackers, beef jerky
- Canned fruit
- Antibacterial wipes
- Hand lotion
- Bottled water
- Canned soup
- Granola bar
- Non-scented deodorant
- Lottery tickets
- Coupon good for a discount on a haircut
- Nail clippers
- Pumpkin bread
- Family photo
- Bottle of wine or champagne
- Coupons good on gas
- Hot chocolate
- Coloring book
- Capri Sun drink
- Hand sanitizer
- Coffee or tea
- Recyclable grocery bags
- Notebook and pen
- Wine bottle opener
- Candy bar
- Playing cards
- Movie theater gift card
- Coupon good for a free coffee/tea from a local coffee shop
- Small notebook and pen (with case)
- Hand lotion/foot cream
- Lotion soap bar (in a container)
- Bath poof/puffball/loofah sponge
- Toilet paper
- Seasonal good goodie bag ideas: Easter, Halloween, Christmas candies and wrapped, nonperishable snacks good goodie bag ideas: nuts, crackers, beef jerky
- Coloring book/crayons/markers/colored pencils
- Sharpie marker
- Toiletries good goodie bag ideas: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, facial tissues, toothbrush/toothpaste/floss, mouthwash
- Notebook and pen good goodie bag ideas: small notebook with case
- Large print puzzles
- Stationery and stamps
- Jars of canned fruit such as peaches, pears
- Small tool kit
- Bulletin board
- Large display clock
- Walker-Rollator totes
- Box of greeting cards and stamps
- Chocolate candy bars
- Photo frames
- Holiday ornament
- Large print magazine
- Coffee mug
- Tote bag
- Rollator Walker Water Bottle Holder
Virtual Goodie Bags
In this age of computers, even senior citizens are getting in on the fun. Thanks to a new trend of virtual goodie bags, seniors can now enjoy the same benefits as their younger counterparts.
Virtual goodie bags usually contain various digital items such as coupons, e-books, and even games. They can be easily customized to each individual’s interests and are a great way to stay connected with friends and family.
Best of all, virtual goodie bags are completely free! So if you know a senior citizen who could use a little pick-me-up, send them a virtual goodie bag today.
What Containers can be Used for Gift Bags?
- Clear plastic bags are great for giving small items like jewelry, makeup, or other small gifts.
- Paper gift bags are perfect for more significant gifts that can’t fit in a plastic bag.
- Gift baskets – if you want to give someone a collection of different items, this is the best option.
- Envelopes with bows on them – they’re simple and easy to make
- Tissue paper wrapped boxes with ribbons around them- these work well for homemade chocolates or baked goods
- What about putting your gift into an old shoebox or wrapping it up in a newspaper and stringing some ribbon through it! It’s creative and fun
- Paper grocery sack (the more unique, the better – you don’t want the excellent goodie bag ideas to look like everyone else’s!)
- Tin Pail
- Personalized canvas bag
- Fabric gift bag
- Rollator Walker Bag
- Cheap gift bags at the Dollar Store
More Creative Ideas to Fill Your Goodie Bags for Senior Citizens
- Make a personalized gift bag for seniors by using their favorite colors, photos, and personal items.
- Fill the bag with “senior-friendly” gifts that are not too flashy or noisy – things like lip balm, hand cream, lotion, and socks.
- Include some snacks in the bag to keep them energized throughout the day
- Put together a small survival kit with emergency numbers and important documents stored in an envelope labeled “in case of emergency.”
- Create a photo album filled with pictures from their past year or two to help them remember what they have accomplished over time
- Add something sentimental – such as an old family recipe card or meaningful piece of jewelry passed down through generations to show your love for them.
Lotions can be an inexpensive goodie bag idea for senior citizens. The lotions or fragrances do not need to be expensive; however, they should be long-lasting.
Socks and Slipper Socks
Socks are an excellent goodie bag idea for senior citizens. Be sure to include good brands, such as ACE or Gold Toe. Slipper Socks with grips help to prevent falls.
This good goodie bag idea for seniors is also inexpensive and easy to put together. There are many different types of bookmarks, including ones with inspirational quotes! Handmade bookmarks add a special touch.
Toiletries are good goodie bag ideas for senior citizens. Include a good shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, etc. It is helpful to have a good toothbrush and toothpaste so seniors can maintain their oral hygiene.
- Grocery store gift cards for food
- Amazon gift cards for online purchases
- Gas gift cards for travel
- Home Depot gift cards to fix home appliances
- Walmart gift cards for other household essentials that seniors might need
- Target gift cards to buy clothes and other items
Notebooks or paper are ideal gift bag options for senior citizens. It’s good to include different colors and sizes of notebooks and paper. Also, please include a few pens, so they are set to write up a storm.
Coupons are great and welcomed. Include discounts on haircuts, food from local restaurants, or other activities.
Snacks and chocolate make special treats for seniors. When selecting treats, such as low sodium or sugar-free, consider dietary restrictions. Seniors are prone to health issues, such as diabetes or a small appetite. Some good snacks include fruit snacks, cereal bars, etc.
Scarves and gloves are good goodie bag ideas for senior citizens because they get cold in winter. A scarf or gloves would be helpful, especially if they live alone or do not have transportation.
Several different types of bags would be appropriate for seniors. Choose one from this list, and you’ll have the perfect bag to fill with goodies! You can create your shopping list now so you don’t forget anything on your next trip to the store.
Birthday Gift Bags for Him
Here are some goodie bag items for older men.
1. A personalized mug: Add a favorite photo and birthday message to a coffee mug or teacup.
2. Gourmet coffee or tea: If the birthday guy or gal enjoys a cup of joe or tea in the morning, upgrade their usual blend to something special.
3. Breakfast pastries: A birthday is a great excuse to indulge in a delicious breakfast pastry. Add an assortment of muffins, scones, or croissants to the goodie bag.
4. A birthday card: A birthday isn’t complete without a birthday card. Select one with a heartfelt message or funny birthday joke.
5. A birthday gift: Of course, no goodie bag would be complete without a birthday present. Choose a small gift that the birthday boy will appreciate.
6. Lottery tickets: Why not include a few lottery tickets in the goodie bag? It’s a fun way to celebrate, and the birthday person might get lucky.
7. Chocolate: What birthday is complete without chocolate? Add a few of the birthday person’s favorite candy bars or a bag of gourmet chocolate to the goodie bag.
8. A small plant: A potted plant is a great way to wish someone a happy birthday and add a bit of greenery to their home or office.
9. A book: If the birthday person is a reader, include a new book in the goodie bag. Choose something based on their interests or a bestseller they’ve wanted to read.
10. A gift certificate: A birthday is a perfect time to give someone a gift certificate for their favorite store or restaurant. It’s a great way to let them treat themselves.
Senior Swag Bag Ideas
Are you looking for goodie bag ideas for adults? Then, you’ve come to the right place! Here are some of the best goodie bag items for adults:
Include a nice pen or pencil set. A good quality pen or pencil set is always appreciated, especially by seniors who may have a lot of writing.
A pretty notebook. Again, seniors may have a lot of notes to take, so a pretty notebook is a welcome gift.
A gift card to a favorite restaurant or store. Who doesn’t love a free meal or shopping spree? Gift cards are always a hit with seniors.
Everyone loves homemade goodies, and seniors are no exception! If you’re feeling extra generous, include a recipe card with your homemade goodies so the recipient can make them again.
Whatever you include in your goodie bags for adults, make sure it’s something that will be appreciated and enjoyed. That’s what makes the best goodie bags!
Birthday Gift Bag Ideas for Adults
It can be tough to find something unique that the birthday boy or girl will enjoy for birthday gifts.
If you’re looking for something more personal than the usual card and gift, try putting together a gift bag full of little surprises.
For example, if the birthday person is a foodie, fill the bag with gourmet snacks or a nice bottle of wine.
Or, if they’re into fashion, put together a stylish outfit complete with jewelry and accessories.
Add a handwritten note expressing your best wishes for their special day for the ultimate personal touch. Whatever you choose, a birthday gift bag is sure to be appreciated.
Video: Sharing Gift Bags with Seniors
It’s not always easy to know the best gifts for seniors, but these goody bag items should help you with your shopping list. If there is one thing that seniors want, it’s more time and money!
So if they’re on a fixed income or don’t have much disposable cash, give them something practical like groceries, household items, gift cards to their favorite store (i.e., Starbucks). or pre-paid phone minutes.
We hope this inspired you when looking for the perfect birthday present for grandma, who needs nothing more than her grandkids’ love.